Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beadboarding the Upstairs Bathroom

What did we get ourselves into?? What I thought would be a weekend project has turned into a month long one. Not that I am complaining really...I am so happy with how it's coming along!

First the idea was simple...take down the wall paper in that hideous bathroom.




This took about a week since I could only work on it a few hours each day....I knew I was going to hang beadboard so I left the wallpaper on the bottom half.

Then I found a guy to come in and spray texture for me and he did great! Much better than the guy that did our downstairs texture (Craiglist is a hit or miss).



I asked for knockdown rather than orange peel :)


Next on the list...

Paint the walls....Take off baseboards...Add beadboard...Trim out the mirror...Add a plate rail...Caulk and Paint everything...Rip out old flooring...Put in new flooring...Add new baseboards...Add corner pieces....and the list goes ON!! Listing out all these steps really makes me hope I like the finished product!!

I will update later tonight with more progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment